Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A look at the HG Brave Standard

Hey Builders, 

While on a family trip, I picked up two kits, one of which was the HG Brave Standard featured in the Gundam 00 movie, A Wakening of the Trailblazer.

I won't have a full on review for this kit, but instead just a quick overview and photos. 


The kit comes with only 4 runners with parts, and 1 runner with a stand. Thankfully it comes with a stand because its legs are pretty flimsy... If you can see, it only comes with two sets of hands, and one plain white beam saber. 


The kit itself is very simple to build, and lacks opportunity for detail. I decided to give it some white panel lining to contrast the black pieces, just to give it a little more pop. 


I've heard a lot about this kit, and kits like it. Most of which were fairly negative. However I'm a sucker for unique designs such as the Brave, and its predecessors. 


Not to mention, I'm a sucker for transforming kits that turn into flying mobile armor. 


Would I die for this kit? Definitely not. It's fairly lack luster and doesn't have a lot going for it besides its unique design. 


However, I really like the way it comes out, much more than say the Flags of the same series. 


I'm not really high on this kit, I didn't really feel it needed a full on review. It's a unique build, and definitely a change up from your typical HG. If anything, it adds a different color and style to the 00 section of my Gunpla shelf. 


Avoid it? I wouldn't go that far. I regret paying for it, but at the very least, he looks cool. The copious amounts of ball joints around the kit make it difficult to pose/stand upright. With everything going on, it is very cumbersome for such a thin kit. It also uses most of the stickers on the rifle, which are difficult to place on correctly. 

If you really like the design, go ahead and pick this guy up. He looks great and is easy to build. However, if you're on the fence about it, I'd probably tell you to lean the other way. 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment